Tuesday 8 March 2011

Oh Bugger - That's Steep !

I've just come back from a family skiing holiday....

    ... in Alpe d'Huez.



The ride up to the hotel on the transfer bus was interesting, and my first real feel for what I've let myself in for. Initial reaction : it's steeper than I thought ! 

By the time we got to the top I was deathly silent and white as a sheet. I am now properly scared.

I have a lot of friends who have ridden the Etape, and plenty who have ridden the Alpe d'Huez climb. To any good club rider it is quite do-able..... I just don't think of myself as a good club rider, more a "normal person" who happens to be a member of a cycling club. Add to that my general inability to climb hills and we've got a problem.

Just need to get on with it. As my friend Kelvin says : "stop being a big fairy"

No comments:

Post a Comment