Tuesday 25 January 2011

SiS Fuel

Went to a presentation tonight from SiS (Science in Sport) energy drink people, organized by HCRC.

I would like to think I know the theory of fuelling for racing,training and the etape, (x grams of Carb per Kg of bodyweight per hour, etc etc) but I do need to put it into practice. The slide showing his intake for last years Marmotte was a little scary!

Need to get some samples and start working out what I like / what works for me.

Seemed to get volunteered as the long distance rider example. A little self conscious as almost everybody in the room rides further than me, but nice to see that people are interested and supportive in my etape attempt. I had thought it would just blend into the background as nothing unusual. It is obviously a big-deal for me, but pretty run-of-the-mill for many club riders.


( Had a dodgy stomach on Sunday - may be down to the out of date Block I had on saturday. Or may just be the beer / pizza / general crap I've been eating :o/  )

No comments:

Post a Comment