Wednesday 22 June 2011

3 Weeks to go... and no training.

Once again there has been a total lack of riding over the last couple of weeks. Not Good.

The Hinckley 25 on 12th June went well. A really windy day, but I finished with a time of 1hr 7min 2sec. Pretty close to my 2-Up team time trial last month, and faster than most of my closest rivals. All very good.

On the down side, I have failed to get my long ride in again this weekend. Family stuff has got in the way, specifically get the houses on the market. 18th and 19th June was going to be my big mileage weekend, but instead I spent the weekend clearing the garden at the in-law's old house. No riding at all.

Also haven't ridden the regular Tuesday TT for a couple of weeks. Last week Josh broke his arm, so I was looking after Fin while Jo took Josh off to A&E. Really annoying as conditions were perfect for a good time. (Obviously upset the the little chap has hurt himself)  This week I was down to marshal, so, again, didn't ride. Did think about doing my pushing-off duty and then riding at the end, but got messed about by some Cock who was also supposed to be marshaling. Ended up with him riding and other picking up the slack. Not happy.

So I'm not into the last 3 weeks before the Etape, and my training has disappeared. Not happy, but some things in life out-rank riding my bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment