Thursday 30 June 2011

Hinckley Challenge Weekend

Feeling a little calmer now. Probably just resigned to the fact that there is nothing I can do about my level of fitness now. Just have to go with what I've got.

I've managed a couple of turbo sessions since the last post, with some pleasing numbers (managing to keep 320watts for 10 minute intervals), so that is good.

Also went out for an evening blast and did 40 miles in 2hours 20min. Again, feeling good.

Last weekend was the annual "Challenge Weekend" : a 10 mile tt on Saturday afternoon and a 25 mile tt on Sunday morning.  Good results for me : 25min 18sec for the 10.  Just 8 seconds off my PB, and a Class win ( with a cash prize of £10 :o)   and finishing 28th overall. Happy with that !

The 25 time was also a PB : 1hr 5min 41sec, 29th overall. Only 4 seconds behind Rich Gamble, my 2-up partner. So again, very happy with the result.

This weeks Tuesday 10, was another quick one. A new PB by 1 second ( 25:09 ). 

So, to state the obvious, a bit of training and you go faster!
Let's just hope this is enough to get me up to Alpe d'Huez.

No comments:

Post a Comment