Monday 1 November 2010

...and so it begins.

After a pretty miserable couple of years, I decided that I need to get moving again. Need to find some sort of task / challenge / adventure. the big question is "what ?"
Much as I love to share these things, and enjoy including everybody in the hope they they can share and enjoy the things I do, I think there is a need to do this for myself and by myself. A need for a bit of self assessment, self motivation and self improvement.

With all that has gone on, a charity event would seem to be called for. A way of doing my bit to help and support those I love, or have lost. A noble aim I hope.

The list of hypothetical possibilities was long. From driving, to climbing, to cycling, to canoeing, to running. The discussions in the office with Roger and Bob were frequent and distracting, but the new ideas raised a level of excitement in me that I haven't felt for a while.

In the end, the sport was narrowed down to cycling, and after a brief flurry of daft ideas, I decided on the Tour de France "etape du tour".

...how hard could it be ?

No comments:

Post a Comment