Friday 26 November 2010

Training - the baseline

I new this really, but you always falsely hope that the results will be a nice surprise: I'm not very fit.

Over the last week I have tried to get on the turbo in the garage and get the legs moving again. Not a pretty sight!  Let's face it, I wasn't a great bike rider before, but having not touched the bike since April I'm starting from the bottom again. I tried to ride a basic ramp test to get a baseline FTP figure, but struggled to going.

 3 x 10 mintes @ 220 watts seems to be a realistic level at the moment. Not great, but it is a start.

I've also got a new toy, the first of many ;o)  a Zephyr bluetooth heart rate monitor.  Links up to the HTC phone and logs heart rate, gps, etc.  I've been uploading the results here : sports track live

only 227 days to go !

No comments:

Post a Comment