Thursday 25 November 2010

Logistics

I'm sure than in any project like this there are stages that one passes through: the initial excitement, the realisation of the task in hand, the knuckling down, the frustration, the boredom and then the final exhilaration.

After no more than a week I'm starting to worry about what I have signed up for.

I'm starting to plan the logistics of getting to the start and back home again from the end ( they are 100km apart  on opposite sides of a big mountain ! ). Where to stay, how to get there. Probably with Joanna, Josh and Fin too.

The realities of the ride are the last thing on my mind at the moment.

Some realisations :
Leicestershire to the Alps is a long way.
Nobody flies to the Alps in summer.
Google maps is sooo useful.
My French is crap.
I really should be working and not reading hotel reviews and other peoples blogs.

T.

No comments:

Post a Comment