Monday 4 July 2011

Monday ( 7 Days to go )

We are into the final countdown to the Etape now, only 1 week to go.

I swing between serene calm and blind panic. You come to a point where you know there is nothing more you can do to your body to get you throughthe task ahead: the time for training has passed. This is the time for making the best of what you have and making sure you arrive at the start rested and ready.
  ...all good in theory !


Work dragged on today. Can’t claim to have done anything useful all day. Still feeling a dodgy from the weekend. 

Having been slimming down a bit over the last 6 months ( 90+kg to below 80 kg) I am permanently hungry. This week I am now relishing allowing myself to eat-for-England.

Intended to go out and check the bike over. Adjust the saddle height and generally calm down. Not to be,  as I came into the kitchen all kitted up to go out Jo announced that she was off to a School Association meeting, so going out was not an option. Not what I needed in my fragile mental state. Went upstairs to put the boys to bed and sulk instead.

I did manage to drag my self out to the garage for a spin on the turbo, but not really helping.

Time on bike : 30min

No comments:

Post a Comment