Tuesday 5 July 2011

Tuesday ( 6 days to go )

A better day.

I managed to get out on the bike this evening.   :o)

I didn’t race the regular Tuesday 10, but did ride down to the start to say “hello” to people and cheer as they flew down the course. Not something I usually do. If I’m available then I will race, just turning up to spectate is a novelty. Zig-zagged my way down the lanes either side of the course, popping up at cross-roads to cheer as the guys charged along. All quite enjoyable and just what I needed – riding the bike for pleasure for a change. Bumped into a guy who needed a pump, so helped him out and chatted for a while as we watched. He was obviously keen to have a go, but didn’t feel brave enough to actually make the step and sign on. Think I’ve talked him into having a go. I hope so, we are a friendly bunch and everbody is welcome. I rode back with him towards Brinklow and chatted happily about random stuff, stopping a couple of time to pump his rear tyre. As the light was fading, we gave the tyre one last blast, and I headed back to the race HQ.

Started raining by the time I got there, so picked up the results sheet and headed off.

As a shake-down test it was mixed. Gears were jumping, so good to get that sorted, but also got soaking wet. Now have to clean the bike and dry out all the kit!

Time on bike : 90min, 20 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment