Wednesday 8 December 2010

Missed Weekends

Almost every training plan you come across will show long rides on Saturdays and Sundays. On a normal Saturday  I'll be playing rugby on and then on Sunday I'll be recovering from playing rugby and helping coach Fin's U10s rugby team. So not much time (or energy) for that 4 hour training ride then!

The last couple of weekends have been different because rugby has been frozen off, which would have left time to ride, but we have been away visiting friends so I didn't actually get out. This is a prime example of Carmichael's "Time Crunched Cyclist", other commitments, quite rightly, outrank sitting on the bike. The time spent in Oxford and Sandy over the last couple of weekends was wonderful and I really wouldn't want to give them up. I just need to find other times to get the miles in...

No comments:

Post a Comment