Monday 13 December 2010

Outside...

The snow has gone, and the temperature has crept above freezing for a couple of days , so rugby was back on again. A pretty good afternoon gave Earlsdon a 40-3 win over Spartains. I scored a try from a flying run down the wing :o)   I'll happily describe it to you in intricate detail..... "It all started just inside our own 22...."

Sunday was rugby for Fin, and then I squeezed in a couple of hours out on the bike, before Josh's cristingle service. Note the use of the word "out" - yes, I actually make it out into the real world, rather than just on the turbo in the garage. Hard work though. Lots of excuses ( cough, sore legs from rugby, not eaten enough, still early days, etc, etc) but it just about killed me.

Also first trip out for the phone + HRM. A bit annoyed thet the heart rate trace stopped after a couple of minutes, and the phone battery died after an hour. ( Map )

Spent the evening looking at the elevation trace. Leicestershire hills are so tiny compared to the Alps. I was hoping to find that some of the slopes around here would be at the 8% I'm facing (obviously not for very long, but would give me some idea of the steepness). From the traces and looking at maps, I'm not even close, and I'm struggling on these.

 The reality of how hard this is going to be is not lost on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment