Wednesday 25 May 2011

TNT #8

Round 8 of Hinckley CRC's Tuesday Night 10 (10 mile time trial)

I wasn't looking forward to tonights race. After a lackluster effort on the turbo last night and a dull day at work I just wasn't up-for-it. Jo pushed me out of the door and off I went to Wolvey, trying to think up excuses for not riding. In the back of last week's performance I should have been eager to go again, but no, not interested. I joined the back of the long queue at about 6:30 and picked up number 44. Back of the field again, but I like being back there. Road is quieter and wind usually drops for the later starters.

Weather was a bit better this week. Sky was brighter with lots of blue and a few clouds skidding across. Wind was a bit of a pain. Had been quite strong during the day, but as the evening came it was calming down. Helping on the way out (the longer leg) is usually good for me. And slightly from the right(West) gives you a little shelter from the trees on the way back.

A short warm up and off to the start for 7:44

Was horribly distracted by my heart rate monitor and speedo today.
HR sensor seemed to drop out a lot during my warm up and I wasn't comfortable with it during the race. Should really have been concentrating on riding the bike, rather than pressing buttons on the phone. Heart rate up at 155 was ok and speed was good down to the turn. Tried to push a bit harder on the way home, but didn't quite have it in me.

Crossed the line with another PB of 25:10

It would be nice to catch my 2up partner Richard Gamble one day. Think I've got him worried.

Another Good Day.


No comments:

Post a Comment