Wednesday 18 May 2011

Training seems to be working !

Round 7 of Hinckley CRC's Tuesday Night 10 series last night. A bit grey and cold with  a strong wind and a hint of rain in the air. Not promising.

The usual long queue of people signing on when I arrived, so I assumed my regular place at the back and picked up number 52 out of 53 starters.

By the time 7:52 arrived the wind had dropped and the sky was looking a little bit brighter. A good sign. First couple of miles the pulse was up and down, and speed was all over the place. By the turn things had settled down and I pushed hard for home, feeling pretty good. Pulse rose up to 160+

Crossed the 1 mile to go at a time of 23 minutes. I was a completely confused by this, seemed wrong. Usual fast (downhill) finish went well and when I crossed the line I wasn't too sure of my time, computer didn't seem right.

Actually it was right : 25:20  a good minute faster than I expected.

Really pleased. Not one to overdo it, but really-really-pleased with that.

- getting a beasting on Sunday most have done the trick !?!

No comments:

Post a Comment